Monday, March 18, 2013

Cherry & Almond Sorbet Smoothie

I've always been a breakfast person and could not imagine that there are actually people who start their day on an empty stomach. Oh, and by the way, unfortunately a cappuccino does not count as breakfast. As a mom, I've tried to pass the importance of breakfast down to Kirstie. She's 13 years old, but I still make her a balanced meal every morning. 
On weekends, I like to play '50s housewife and make things like scrambled eggs with bacon, pancakes and waffles. During the week, however, it's health food all the way: whole bran cereals, rice or almond milk, oatmeal, fruit smoothies or freshly-pressed juices. 
Here is one of my personal favorites -- a frothy smoothie, so thick it's almost a sorbet and so yummy it's almost dessert -- for breakfast!

Cherry and Almond Sorbet Smoothie
Serves 4
2 bananas
250g frozen cherries
500ml almond milk

Blitz all of the ingredients in a blender and enjoy!

No comments: