Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Imagine No Possessions...

Without going into a lot of detail, my husband and I went through a rather traumatic experience recently. Just as we were sitting down to a dinner of homemade sushi (which took me hours to make), my husband looked down at his hand and noticed his wedding ring was missing. It was also my high school graduation ring, and a present from my late grandmother. Words cannot express the horror we felt. The days that followed were rather dark.
This experience is still very fresh, but slowly I (we) are coming to the realization that letting go is one of life's most important lessons. Whether that be letting go of a cherished item or a loved one, the main thing to help pull you through is the realization that it was once part of your life and will always remain a part of your life. I don't know where our ring is on this earth, but it will always be in our hearts.

No comments: