Friday, December 23, 2011

Holiday Wishes and Chocolatey Mini-Muffins

Is Christmas really two days away? One look in my fridge tells me it certainly is! I have a fat turkey waiting to grace my table, a variety of goodies to keep us happy on Christmas day (everything from brunch items, to snacks, to all the things I need for Christmas dinner) and a freshly-made Bûche de Noël. I am especially looking forward to the traditional Christmas Eve fish platter with a bottle of chilled Sancerre- the most perfect way to celebrate as far as I'm concerned!
Before wishing you all a wonderful Christmas, I'd like to tell you about some tasty little muffins I made yesterday for Kirstie to take to school. Her birthday is on the 31st of December so it's always celebrated either before or after the Christmas vacation. I didn't want to make too much of a fuss and came up with these bite-sized chocolatey muffins. They can be thrown together with almost no effort. In fact, I made them between baking a few dozen cookies. She returned home with an empty box- a sign that my efforts were well-received! 
Here's the recipe. Hope you have a wonderful holiday!


Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Mini-Muffins
Makes 33 mini-muffins
250g self rising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsps good quality cocoa powder
50g mini-chocolate chips 
1 egg
150ml full-fat yogurt
50ml full-fat milk
170g sugar
100ml sunflower oil
1 tsp vanilla extract


Preheat the oven to 180C. Mix the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and chocolate chips in a large bowl. Whisk the egg, yogurt, milk, sugar, oil and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients gently to the dry and fold until just combined. Divide over the muffin cups and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.



No comments: