Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Market, Sun and Cafe au Lait!


It's a beautifully sunny day. No better time to head to the market than now! Just for a stroll, a little shopping and a bit of people- watching.

I've bought a kilo's worth of tomatoes, an aubergine, a courgette, some peppers and a bag of shallots. Yes, it's definitely too early to be craving ratatouille, but I simply couldn't resist. I also bought some rhubarb for a compote which will go over vanilla ice cream.

After my market trip, I stopped for a huge cafe au lait which I enjoyed in the early spring sunshine. A few chapters later, I left with a smile on my face.

And it's not even noon!

5 comments:

julie said...

How fun! Love the cup and saucer, and the sugar bowl :-)

A Dutch Brit said...

Yes. It really is the simple things in life that makes us smile.
Glad you are still able to enjoy the simple things in your hectic life!
And fingers crossed for even more warmer days.
PS I loved your 'Lovely Things' around your house.
Keep smiling Paola!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until the weather improves and I can spend a leisurely morning like this. I love the cup & saucer!

Paola Westbeek said...

It was so lovely! I hope to have a repeat in a few days. :)

Sandy said...

I live for these little moments.