Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas (Over)Eating!






Yes! Nothing like the holidays to give the old waistline a run for its money! It's the 26th today and as I sip my Crozes Hermitage, the smell of Hans' braised lemony chicken is slowly filling the room. The feast will be complete with bacony sprouts 'a la Nigella' and his famous pan- fried potatoes served with a good dollop of French mayo. Yum! I'm going to enjoy this last day of feasting because before I know it, it's time to use good common sense again!

Besides the food though, we've had a fabulous Christmas. We're quite anti-social during the holidays because our idea of a perfect Christmas is to celebrate it at home, only the three of us, in our pyjamas with nothing to do the whole day but feast, feast, feast, feast!

The day started off with the traditional unwrapping of the presents (I got a red Le Creuset terrine and a bottle of Coco Madamoiselle). After that we sat down to brunch and the rest of the day was spent watching movies, and of course, eating.

Here is some of what we had!

Hope your Christmas was also merry!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I'm glad you and your family enjoyed the best of the holidays!
Merry Christmas Paola!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely Christmas table and the food looks delicious. Congratulations!!.

Beatriz Macias said...

Paola, I just got back home, and I found you lovely Christmas card with my mail Thank you. Feliz año para ti y los tuyos.