Sunday, March 13, 2011

Celebrate the Freshest Season with La Douce Vie !

What's not to love about the spring?  Birds singing, longer days, brighter skies and best of all, lighter foods!  I get all giddy just thinking about wonderful things such as the season's first asparagus, making rhubarb compote for the first time again or adding some fresh peas to a creamy risotto. 
And of course, I get very excited about the beginning of the gardening season.  Last year I grew so many things- courgettes, spring onions, Marmande tomatoes, French radishes, salad, strawberries, cherries.  It's such a joy to eat things I grew myself and always amazing to realize that they all started off as tiny seeds planted (with lots of love) in the springtime!
This year I am opening the doors of my home for students interested in joining me for my first seasonal cooking workshops.  I have decided to keep these workshops small and personal by hosting them for small groups.  If you are interested in joining me for my first spring workshop, please visit my website for more information. 

PS:  How about taking part in a culinary walk through Amsterdam's culinary avenue and first organic market?  This is the perfect season to join us.  Whether you are an expat curious about what the city has to offer, or a tourist who wants to get a real taste of Amsterdam!

No comments: