Friday, May 07, 2010

Bringing France to Our Home

I have this amazing dream.  In that dream, it is beautifully sunny and I am harvesting tomatoes, aubergines and courgettes.  In the background I see the pale blue shutters that grace the windows of my little French house, and I smile.  We did it!  We've bought our own piece of paradise in my heart's home! 
As I walk back to the kitchen, I am greeted by my neighbor who has just surprised me with two bottles of her husband's wine.  You see, my neighbors own the vineyard next to us and every now and then they treat us to a bottle of their fantastic wine.  I invite her to join me for lunch.  I am making ratatouille and it would go perfect with the wine.
But, for the time being, this is just a dream.  In the meantime, we're doing all we can to bring France to our home. 

No comments: