Thursday, April 17, 2008

Naughty Food


As much as I love to cook and dine properly (table nicely set, good bottle of wine on the side), there's nothing more liberating than throwing together a terribly caloric meal in under ten minutes and then gobbling it up on the couch with my feet up. That's why when Hans called yesterday to say that he was going to be a little late, I took the opportunity to feed Kirstie first, send her off to sleepyland and then prepare a little something for the two of us. A very decadent 'little something' that is!

This is hardly a recipe and in fact, it's what I call part of my "Naughty Nigella Repertoire': pasta with lardons, lots of garlic, good olive oil and plenty of parsley. Nigella uses linguine, but I used whole wheat spaghetti, being the 'good girl' that I am...

I strongly recommend letting your hair down and polishing off a huge bowl of this every once in a while- on the couch, in the bathtub (Nigella's choice), or in bed (probably also 'Nigella approved').