Thursday, October 04, 2007

Food Career??


"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans".

Yes, John. You were right, of course.

Funny how up until a few months ago I was convinced that art would become my work. But as it turns out, food has blissfully taken over my life. So much that I'm dreaming up recipes in the middle of the night or trying to come up with interesting work-related ideas. Aside from my cooking classes, I've met with two editors in the past week, had a meeting with a client I am catering for (French dinner!), and am now a food writer for an online expat magazine! And there's still proposals coming my way! It's all very exciting and I'm especially enjoying meeting so many interesting people, in the food business and otherwise.

Perhaps only a start, but I've always believed that with hard work and motivation, you can get anywhere. Off to pour myself a well-deserved glass!

PS: For those interested, click on the following link to read my article and get the recipe for the pie in the picture! Dutch Apple Pie, featured on Expatica