Monday, June 18, 2007

Edith


I've been swept of my feet by French music these days, especially by the "the little sparrow", Edith Piaf. After seeing her story in the beautiful movie, La Môme, last week, I totally fell in love with this woman and her music. Her life was hard. She was not really wanted by her parents and for a while she lived with her grandmother in a brothel. After being discovered while singing in the streets of Paris, she quickly climbed the ladder to fame, but her life was anything but easy after that. She was dependent on drugs and alcohol, lived way too fast and lost her greatest love in a plane crash. Her short time on this Earth was intense, and so was her music.

Here's more information about the movie:
http://www.tfmdistribution.com/lamome/lamome.htm

(Be sure to look at some of the videos! The songs are also of a higher quality there!)

I must say the actress, Marion Cotillard is FANTASTIC! She did a great job at playing the young Edith as well as the older Edith.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see this movie! Happy to hear you recommend it.

Paola Westbeek said...

Clarice,

I am sure you will love it! It is just so beautifully made. I must confess that I had a hard time choking back tears, so also very emotional to watch.

Paola