Thursday, February 15, 2007

Hello, I Love You


I often tell people I was born too late, at least thirty years too late. I'm definitely an old soul. Inside of me is this carefree girl with flowers in her hair who likes to spend her days lying in fields of daisies, looking up at the sky and dreaming. I'm not particular about all things modern, ok…maybe with the exception of computers, sort of. I sometimes let that inner girl peep out, but truth be told, it’s not as often as I’d like. I’m way to modern for my liking.

I feel in my element when I listen to vintage records on our turntable. We bought one a while ago and we love it. CD’s have been replaced by LP’s in our house. Every week or so we head to our local thrift shop and hope to find treasure. I remember collecting vintage records back home and believe me, it was not cheap! I’ve paid as much as 40 dollars for an original 1964 British copy of ‘Beatles For Sale’. That was over ten years ago, and that was a lot for a young girl back then. If only I’d have known of a shop like this at that time. We’ve found original LP’s in perfect condition for anywhere from 2 to 5 euros!

YesterdayI found a beautiful Doors albums: ‘The Soft Parade’, ‘Waiting For The Sun’ and ‘The Best of The Doors’. Aside from The Beatles, I’ve always been a huge Doors fan. Jim has a voice that certainly takes me away like a ‘Spanish Caravan’. The music is sometimes so mellow and peaceful. The song ‘Love Street’ is one of those songs I can just close my eyes and dream away to…like the girl in the field of daisies. It is beautiful in a sentimental way. The songs can also be rough and real like ‘People Are Strange’ and ‘The Unknown Soldier’ or somewhat humorous (at least I think so) like ‘Alabama Song (Whisky Bar)’.

I love this music, and I love the memories connected to it.

No comments: